Welcome         About_Us         Current_Events         Blotter         Forms         Resource_Guide         Sex_Offenders        
Contact         Detective_Division         Patrol_Division         Communications         Tips         Links         FAQ         Home

Proud Recipient of the Freedom Award. EMPLOYER SUPPORT OF THE GUARD AND RESERVE.

Officer Edward Witko

East Greenbush Police: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

  • How do I obtain copies of a motor vehicle accident report?

    Accident reports that are completed by the East Greenbush Police Department are usually ready for pick-up on the next business day. You may call the police department prior to coming to the police station to inquire the status of a report. Accident reports are free of charge for those involved.

  • How do I obtain copies of police reports?

    To obtain a police report, you must fill out a Freedom of Information Law request (FOIL), the form can be down loaded from the website, or stop at the police station and request one. Depending on the information requested, the request may take several days. A member of the police department will contact you with the results of your request.

  • Court appearances, fines and Uniform Traffic Tickets

    All questions regarding these issues should be directed to the East Greenbush Town Court (477-2005). The police do not have the authority to adjust court appearances or determine or collect fines.

  • How do I contact a member of the East Greenbush Police Department?

    Anyone who wishes to speak with an officer can contact the police department's non-emergency phone number (479-2525); if the officer is not available you will be directed to their voice mail.

  • How do I request an East Greenbush Police Department patch?

    Unfortunately do to security reasons; this request can no longer be honored.

  • What are the requirements for obtaining a pistol permit in East Greenbush?

    East Greenbush Town residents ONLY, must begin the process by stopping at the police station and picking up a pistol permit package. The requirements are listed on our web-site under FORMS.

  • How do I make a special request of the East Greenbush Police Department?

    Any and all special requests shall be directed to the Chief of Police:
    Christopher P.Lavin
    East Greenbush Police Department
    225 Columbia Turnpike
    Rensselaer, New York 12144
    (518) 479-2525

  •           ALL8453